Student of the Month: Lacey Tapia
"Hot Yoga: Where have you been all my life?
As I approach my two year anniversary at Pure Hot, I can’t help but think about how my life has changed. Before yoga, I had little flexibility and a lot of pain in my left shoulder due to a car accident years earlier. I was engaged in Crossfit and long distance running, but nothing hit the spot quite like Hot Yoga. It immediately became my sole fitness routine, providing a reprieve from a busy life and stressful job in marketing. Hot yoga became a solution with a universal adapter for any problem in my life; stress, weight loss, physical pain, emotional anxiety, and it even became a great source of spiritual rejuvenation. Pure Hot is now my second home, primarily due to the fantastic instructors that perfectly balance challenging yet attainable goals for all members. The instructors are friendly and approachable, and the music is awesome. I have found something I have been searching for all my life. Maybe you will too!"
teacher of the month
Name: Amy Reaves
What are 3 things you are looking forward to?!
- LOTS of travel this summer and picking up a few more classes at Pure Hot Yoga!
- Finishing my natural health education this Fall.
- Having more time to help clients find wellness, purpose, and abundance, through natural health (stay tuned for some exciting announcements in the coming months! ;))
What is a fun fact about you?
- I was in a few print ads and commercials as a kid!
- I love to sing a cappella choral literature.
- I’m quite possibly the clumsiest person you’ll ever meet, but I’ve never broken a bone!
- I have a super tiny head. I can’t ever find hats that fit right, but I have a great excuse to wear Hello Kitty sunglasses!
- I take my coffee black and my tea hot!
- I’m a Reiki Master Teacher, Certified Natural Health Professional, and am working to finish my Naturopathic Doctor, Complementary and Alternative Health Practitioner education with board certification this Fall!
- I have a Siberian Husky, Bandit, 6 backyard chickens, and several quails. The chickens and quails don’t get names…..
What is the biggest life lesson you have learned so far?
- To be open to possibilities! By nature, I’m a planner. For every Plan A, I always have a Plan B. Even my lists have lists! I like to have everything laid out, knowing what to expect in every possible scenario. The truth is that life doesn’t always go according to plan. <DUH!> It’s a daily reminder for me that I can’t always have total control. It’s okay to put expectations to the side and recognize the beautiful potential that this life has in store!
What (besides yoga) is your favorite thing to do?
- Spending time with my husband (Jason) and daughters (Olivia & Emma).
- Anything outside!
- Helping my students, clients, friends and family (and even complete strangers!) find a healthier way of life through yoga, nutrition, natural health, Reiki and essential oils!
What 3 things are you most grateful for?!
- Physical health. Through physical setbacks and several surgeries through the last few years, I’m most grateful right now for physical health. I didn’t realize how many things I took for granted until I couldn’t do them anymore!
- My family. Their grace and love for me is so much more than I deserve and I thank God for putting each of them into my life.
- A vision. I’m 30+ years into this life, and I’ve finally found my purpose. I’ve known for a long time what I’ve wanted to do, but it either hasn’t been the right time, or I had too much negative self-talk, or obstacles kept getting in the way, or, or, or….. I’m grateful for each piece of the puzzle that continues to fall into place. (And can’t wait to see the finished masterpiece!)