Student of the Month: Jessica Dillard
Practicing at Pure reminds me of the importance of slowing down and focusing on the breath. While I began practicing hot yoga for the physical benefits, the mental benefits far outweigh the physical. I have learned so much about yoga and life from the instructors at Pure. Each instructor offers something special that helps further cultivate my yoga practice. I am truly thankful to all the Pure instructors for their guidance and encouragement!
teacher of the month: Jyssica Miller
What are 3 things you are looking forward to?
1. My younger sister and brother-in-law are coming into town this month. I always look forward to spend quality time with them both.
2. Ski season. I love the challenge. Nothing better than a long pow day leaving the slopes exhausted and sore then waking up the next day wanting more.
3. A new episode of Game of Thrones on Sunday nights. This show is addicting. I will be sad when it is over.
What is a fun fact about you?
Growing up I was deathly afraid of of video cameras. I literally had a melt down in every single one of them until I was a teenager. My girlfriends and I dressed up to make funny music videos. My sister would say hers were better. It is true. Mine are the videos you made thinking you were cool but in actuality just very awkward. Being filmed still makes me nervous.
What is the biggest life lesson you have learned so far?
Assuming and setting expectations on someone gets you no where. Communication is super important. You have no idea what someone else is thinking unless you have a conversation. In those talks, let go of judgement or predictions to let the person tell you their story. Listening is different then hearing. Life becomes simpler when we are present.
What (besides yoga) is your favorite thing to do?
Morning walks with my dog, Josie Einstein. I love a consistent morning routine and so does she. Everyday, rain or shine, I get woken up at around 6am by Josie's sweet face. She waits patiently for me to move before placing her head on my chest. When we walk out the front door, she always looks back with her big dog smile. We tour the neighborhood as the world wakes up. Our walks are special.
What 3 things are you most grateful for?
1. Mother Nature - A planet that allows me to exist and explore.
2. My health - I am thankful to be able to wake up, move, and breathe.
3. Skyler, Josie, my family, my work families, and close friends - the people who surround me 24/7 and they all are my biggest cheerleaders with everything I do. I am beyond grateful for each individual.
Share anything else you would like people to know about you!
I am a dental hygienist. I also have the biggest sweet tooth. Balance is everything right?! I have a very hard time turning down dark chocolate. . . or cookies. . . maybe even ice cream. Every night I have a small treat. Sometimes on date nights, dessert comes before actual dinner. Life is short. I believe we should treat ourselves. Just don't forget to brush and floss!